- 1 pie crust (I recommend graham cracker crust that contains no hydrogenated oils)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup whipping cream*
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar*
- 1 cup cold milk
- 2 cups (16 oz) pumpkin puree
- 2 packages (4 serving size) vanilla instant pudding
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
Add powdered sugar to whipping cream in a cold bowl and whip until soft peaks form. Set aside. Soften cream cheese in microwave for 15 seconds. Mix cream cheese, 1 tablespoon milk, and sugar with wire whisk until smooth. Gently stir in 1 1/2 cups of the whipped topping. Spread onto bottom of crust.
Pour 1 cup milk into large bowl. Add pumpkin, pudding mixes, and spices. Beat with wire whisk until well mixed and set. Mixture will be thick. Spread over cream cheese layer. If using homemade pumpkin puree that has not been squeezed of excess liquid, start with half the milk and add more if needed. Spread over cream cheese layer.
Refrigerate 4 hours or until set. Garnish with whipped cream. Keep leftover pie refrigerated. Each pie serves about 8.